Paul Walker’s Dad Mourns Son’s Tragic Death: “I Was Proud of Him Every Day”

paul_walker_dad_chris_stokes_blog

As tributes and memories continue to pour in for Paul Walker — who died tragically at age 40 in a car crash on Saturday, Nov. 30 — one thing is clear: The Fast and Furious actor was very, very loved. Speaking with CBS2 one day after the star’s death, his father, Paul Walker III, broke down in tears as he spoke about his son’s big heart and lasting legacy.

“I’m just glad that every time I saw him, I told him I loved him,” Walker Sr. said, choking back sobs. “And he would say the same thing to me.”

In addition to his father, Walker is survived by his mother, Cheryl Walker; his brothers, Cody and Caleb; his sister, Ashley; and his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow. He also leaves behind many grief-stricken costars and friends, some of whom gathered at the Walker family’s home this weekend.

“You can’t beat friends at a time like this,” Walker Sr. told CBS2. “His brothers are all taking it pretty hard.”

No doubt Meadow — Walkers’ daughter with an ex-girlfriend — is distraught, too. The teen lived with her mother in Hawaii for most of her life but had recently moved in with her famous dad. “[He told me], ‘I want to take a hiatus, she’s just 15, and I don’t have much more time to be with her,'” Walker Sr. recalled. “And then boom, he got another movie. He would say, ‘I don’t know what to do.'”

Just prior to his death, the actor had been co-hosting a charity event with his non-profit organization, Reach Out Worldwide, to raise money for victims affected by the typhoon in the Philippines. After attending the toy drive, he and pal Roger Rodas went for a ride in a Porsche Carrera GT. Both died when the car crashed and burst into flames.

“His heart was so big,” Walker Sr. said through his tears. “I was proud of him every day of his life.”

Fast & Furious Star Paul Walker Dies In Car Accident

Paul+Walker+Fast+Furious+6+Premieres+London+7KcGNJhc8Nux_Chris Stokes

Actor Paul Walker, who shot to fame as star of the high-octane street racing franchise “Fast & Furious,” died Saturday in a car crash in Southern California. He was 40.

Walker’s publicist Ame van Iden confirmed his death, but said she could not elaborate beyond statements posted on Walker’s official Twitter and Facebook accounts.

Walker was a passenger in a friend’s car and both were attending a charity event for his organization, Reach Out Worldwide, in Santa Clarita, about 30 miles north of Hollywood.

The website for the charity said the Saturday event was intended to benefit victims of Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines.

The crash took place about 3:30 p.m., about 300 yards from the office park where the event was held.

The Santa Clarita Valley Signal, citing a sheriff’s deputy at the scene, said a red Porsche appeared to have lost control.

Deputies arrived at the scene to find a vehicle on fire, the sheriff’s department said in a statement.

Once fire crews put the flames out, they found two occupants, both of whom were pronounced dead at the scene.

Saturday evening, all that remained was the burnt mangled metal of the car and a light pole that had been knocked down.

Along with Vin Diesel, the 40-year-old Walker has been one of the stalwarts of the “Fast & Furious” movie series, characterized by its racing scenes and attractive cast.

The box-office success of the first film in 2001 fueled sequels. The series’ sixth installment came out earlier this year, topping the Memorial Day weekend box office.

At the time of his death, Walker was working on the seventh film of the franchise, with a scheduled release date of 2014.

On his verified Twitter account, Walker described himself as “outdoorsman, ocean addict, adrenaline junkie … and I do some acting on the side.”

Walker also is the star of “Hours,” an independent film scheduled to be released December 13 about a father struggling to keep his newborn infant alive in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

Miley Cyrus Celebrates 21st Birthday

chris_stokes_miley-cyrus-21st_bday

There might not have been any foam fingers, but Miley Cyrus’ 21st birthday weekend was still a pretty wild time. One of 2013’s most shocking stars definitely did her birthday up right and even managed to make a public appearance at the American Music Awards on Nov. 24. See pics of her bizarre performance here.

Insiders tell said that the former Disney darling’s birthday cake — which revelers noshed on during the Sunday night bash following the awards show at Beacher’s Madhouse in West Hollywood — was in the shape of a nude version of herself with pot leaves covering her privates.

A source stated that Miley seemed to be into having a great time with friends and the bash had plenty of fun favors including paper cut-outs of the singer’s face with her tongue sticking out and “I Love Miley” sunglasses.

Celebs in attendance included Kelly Osbourne, Wiz Khalifa, Amber Rose, Emma Roberts, Liam Payne and Niall Horan of One Direction, Ke$ha, and her sister Brandi Cyrus, who rocked last night’s red carpet.

For her birthday, Miley’s father, Billy Ray Cyrus, bought the singer a $24,000 customized Can-Am Spyder motorcycle with her initials all over the body.

Cyrus’ actual birthday was on Saturday, Nov. 23, but with the AMAs the following night, she seemed to keep things pretty low key before her big performance. The morning of Nov. 24, the “We Can’t Stop” singer, now officially legal, posted a seemingly naked selfie in bed followed by a series of photos of herself snuggling with her many rescue dogs.

“Crazy hair / post b-day / @amas todayyyy!,” she captioned one picture.

For the AMAs red carpet, Cyrus kept her look pretty tame in a white Versus Versace suit. But when she took to the stage to sing an emotional rendition of her hit “Wrecking Ball,” she wore a high-cut two piece covered in a cat print with massive Alexis Bittar jewelry as a giant image of a singing and eventually crying cat moved on the screen behind her.

Following the show, Cyrus snuggled up with rapper Lil Mama, who replaced Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes during TLC’s rendition of “Waterfalls.” She also cozied up to Fashion Police star Kelly Osbourne and together they went to Cyrus’ post-AMA birthday bash at Beacher’s Madhouse at The Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles.

Ciara & Future Engaged

chris_stokes_daily_ciara_future_engaged

R&B singer Ciara just got some serious bling from her sweetie.

Rapper/producer Future (real name: Nayvadius Wilburn), 29, surprised the future Mrs. Future, 28, with an engagement ring this weekend in New York City, reports AP.

The Body Party songstress, who turned 28 on Friday, was celebrating her birthday in New York with her beau when he presented her with a 15-carat diamond.

“Today Has 2 Be Like One Of The Sweetest Days Of My Life! #TheBestBirthdayEver,” Ciara, who is pals with Kim Kardashians, tweeted on Sunday.

This will be the first marriage for both Ciara and Future, who began dating a year ago and got each other’s initials tattooed on their ring fingers, reports E! News.

Selena Gomez & Jaden Smith Dinner Date In London

chris stokes

The 20-year-old “Come & Get It” singer was photographed going to dinner with her on-again, off-again boyfriend’s good friend, Jaden Smith, in London on Thursday, May 23.

Gomez, and Smith, 14, had smiles on their faces while grabbing a bite to eat at Hakkasan restaurant. The After Earth actor, who is in London promoting his new film with dad Will Smith, looked handsome in a long black suit coat as he escorted Gomez out of the restaurant. The former Wizards of Waverly Place actress also dressed up in a long black coat and and sheer black dress.

Gomez appeared to be in a good spirits after having tweeted Wednesday that she was feeling under the weather. “Sorry to everyone for having to cancel today. I am not sure if I am sick or ate some bad food but, I feel horrible,” she wrote. “I am going to take the rest of the day and try and get better for tomorrow. So Sorry Love you guys.”

Smith is currently dating Kim Kardashian’s younger sister Kylie Jenner, 15. Gomez’s relationship status with Bieber, 19, however, remains unclear.

The couple broke up in January, but have reunited multiple times since then. They recently shared a kiss at the Billboard Music Awards on May 19, which did not go over well with Gomez’s friend Taylor Swift. The “We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together” was caught on camera sticking out her tongue when she saw them smooch.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/selena-gomez-jaden-smith-go-to-dinner-together-in-london-2013245#ixzz2UFU5UXrU
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Boston Marathon Bomber Charged Could Face Death Penalty

publish-dzhokhar-dead-tsarnaev.si

Surviving Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, has been charged with conspiring to use a weapon of mass destruction against persons and property in the United States resulting in death, the U.S. attorney’s office confirmed on Monday.

Still seriously wounded and heavily sedated, the 19-year-old’s initial court appearance was conducted by a federal magistrate judge in his hospital room.

Tsarnaev also faces a charge of malicious destruction of property by means of an explosive device resulting in death, prosecutors said, and he could face the death penalty if convicted.

The decision to charge him in civilian court put an end to speculation that he would be charged as an enemy combatant, a designation sometimes used against terrorists, and White House spokesman Jay Carney said it was: “absolutely the right way to go and the appropriate way to go.”

As we previously reported, officials Thursday identified brothers Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev as the suspects in the bombing that left three people dead and more than 130 people injured, some suffering the amputation of limbs.

On Thursday, the men shot at two officials, police said, as they killed a Massachusetts Institute of Technology police officer, and left a transit officer in serious condition at a local hospital.

Tamerlan, 26, died after a gun battle early Friday with police, and Dzhokhar, who fled from the battle and eluded a daylong manhunt, was spotted by a vigilant resident and captured Friday evening after a standoff in Watertown, Massachusetts, and is now at is now in the custody of the US Marshals Service at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.

Boston Marathon Explosion

Two explosions shattered the euphoria of the Boston Marathon finish line on Monday, sending authorities out on the course to carry off the injured while the stragglers in the 26.2-mile trek from Hopkinton were rerouted away from the smoking site of the blasts.

Competitors and race organizers were crying as they fled the chaos. Bloody spectators were being carried to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners.

“There are a lot of people down,” said one man, whose bib No. 17528 identified him as Frank Deruyter of North Carolina. He was not injured, but marathon workers were carrying one woman, who did not appear to be a runner, to the medical area as blood gushed from her leg. A Boston police officer was wheeled from the course with a leg injury that was bleeding.

About three hours after the winners crossed the line, there was a loud explosion on the north side of Boylston Street, just before the photo bridge that marks the finish line. Another thunderous explosion could be heard a few seconds later.

Runner Laura McLean of Toronto said she heard two explosions outside the medical tent.

“There are people who are really, really bloody,” McLean said. “They were pulling them into the medical tent.”

Cherie Falgoust was waiting for her husband, who was running the race.

“I was expecting my husband any minute,” she said. “I don’t know what this building is … it just blew. Just a big bomb, a loud boom, and then glass everywhere. Something hit my head. I don’t know what it was. I just ducked.”

Tourists Watch In Horror As Filmmaker Adam Strange Is Dragged Under By Great White Shark (Video)

A beautiful summer day at the beach turned into a Hollywood style horror story when a New Zealand man was ripped apart by a Great White shark as hundreds of terrified tourists looked on helplessly.

Documentary filmmaker Adam Strange was repeatedly pulled under the water by the 14-foot predator as he struggled to get to the safety of a nearby rock while the water was dyed crimson with his blood, reported Stuff.co.nz.

“All of a sudden, we saw the shark fin and next minute, boom, attack him and then blood every where on the water,” said witness Pio Mose, who was fishing at Muriwai Beach near Auckland, around 1.30 pm local time on Wednesday.

Mose attempted to save the stricken swimmer as his friend ran to get help from the coastguards. “He was still alive, he put his head up, we called him to swim over [to] the rock to where we were. He raised his hand up, and then while he was rising his hand up we saw another attack pull him in the water,” he revealed.

The 46-year-old father-of-one bobbed above the surface one more time but onlookers soon realized that he was dead.

Attracted by the scent of blood spreading through the water, four other sharks swooped in to feed on the remains before armed police in a helicopter and an inflatable lifesaving boat arrived and began firing into the water to drive them off.

A regular at the popular beach who was familiar with the dangerous waters, Strange was training for an upcoming Ocean Swim event. “He surfs the beach every day, he loves the ocean” revealed a friend.

“The family are grieving the loss of a glorious and great father, husband and friend,” Strange’s family said in a statement.

Strange was an award-winning director with a background in painting, photography and graphic design. He won a Crystal Bear award with his first short film Aphrodite’s Farm at the Berlin Film Festival in 2009.

Muriwai and nearby beaches have all been closed following the fatal attack and police continue to patrol the area in helicopters.

Shark attacks are extremely rare in New Zealand, with an estimated 12 to 14 people being killed in the Southern hemisphere country since the 1830s.

“There are much lower levels of shark attacks here than in Australia,” explained Clinton Duffy, a shark expert with the Department of Conservation, according to FoxNews.com . “It’s possibly a function of how many people are in the water [in New Zealand’s cooler climate].”

Manhunt For Cop Killer Christopher Dorner Is FINALLY Over As Body Is Positively Identified

The scorched body found inside the burned-out cabin near Big Bear Lake where law enforcement officers were caught in a deadly shootout this week has been positively identified as that of Christopher J. Dorner, the authorities announced on Thursday.

Mr. Dorner, 33, a former Los Angeles police officer who the authorities believe killed four people this month, had been the subject of a regionwide manhunt since last week. His body was identified through a dental examination, according to the San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department. No cause of death was given.

The sheriff had already expressed confidence that Mr. Dorner had been killed, after a bloody confrontation on Tuesday that left one San Bernardino sheriff’s deputy dead and another seriously wounded.

“We believe the investigation is over,” John McMahon, the San Bernardino County sheriff, said at a news conference on Wednesday, before the body had been identified.

Mr. Dorner had pledged revenge against law enforcement officers in a manifesto he posted online, which named members of the Los Angeles Police Department as targets. His killing spree began on Feb. 3, when he killed the daughter of a former Los Angeles police captain and her fiancé. He then killed a Riverside police officer on Feb. 7 and wounded another officer.

The manhunt for him intensified that day, when his car was discovered burned in Big Bear Lake, a mountain resort area about 100 miles east of Los Angeles.

But Mr. Dorner did not re-emerge until Tuesday, having apparently hidden in an unoccupied cabin for several days. He stole a vehicle, the authorities said, and eventually crashed it, carjacked another one and then fled into the woods, where he was surrounded in the cabin.

Chris Brown, Frank Ocean To Be Interviewed In Brawl Investigation (Video)

Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials said they plan to interview Chris Brown and Frank Ocean as well as witnesses to a brawl over a parking space that took place at a West Hollywood recording studio.

Brown allegedly punched Ocean during the brawl Sunday night in the 7200 block of Santa Monica Boulevard, authorities said.
“Chris Brown is a named suspect in a battery report,” said sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore. “The victim is desirous of prosecution.”

Whitmore said investigators want to talk to Brown and Ocean, as well as any witnesses.

Brown has not made any public statements. But on a social media platform Monday, he said he was focusing on work and “not negativity.”

Ocean tweeted that he “got jumped by chris and a couple guys. lol.”

Brown is on probation for assaulting his girlfriend Rihanna in Los Angeles the night before the Grammys in February 2009. He also reportedly got into a fight with singer Drake last summer at a New York nightclub.
In the Sunday-night incident, officials said deputies responded to a report of six men fighting at the recording studio. Witnesses told them Brown and Ocean were involved in a brawl over a parking spot.

Ocean later tweeted that he “got jumped by chris and a couple guys.”

After the brief clash, the parties were separated, officials said, and Brown and his entourage left before deputies arrived.

“It is our understanding it does not rise to the level of an alleged assault. As a matter of fact, it could be a minor scuffle over a parking spot,” Whitmore added.